As a farmer or a rancher your livelihood and income depends on your crops, livestock, and equipment. How you store and shelter these precious investments will probably be one of the most important building and business decisions you will ever make.
Consider the advantages of a steel agricultural building from General Steel:
- Fire resistance: A serious threat to conventional wooden agricultural structures is fire. If you own a wooden structure, you are probably well aware of the inherent danger and damage that fires can cause. Unlike pole barns and other wooden structures, General Steel prefabricated agricultural buildings are fire-resistant thus minimizing potential loss of your building. We also advise you to check with your insurance agent to discuss the insurance premium savings of an all-steel building.
- Durability: Steel is renowned as one the strongest, most durable building materials available. It is resistant to water, mold, mildew, termites, and other wood-destroying pests. Termites account for a significant degree of agricultural property damage in the United States each year. Invest in a steel building from General Steel. Arguably, General Steel buildings require less long-term repair and maintenance issues than more conventional structures.
- Strength: When you purchase a new metal building for your farm or ranch you are investing in safety and security for your equipment, livestock, and crops. General Steel has become one of the leaders in the steel building industry by providing strong and durable buildings to farmers and ranchers worldwide. General Steel utilizes high quality steel to produce all of its buildings, providing straight wall configuration, tight connections and increased durability. Your steel agricultural building from General Steel will be pre-engineered to comply with your local building codes and designed to resist the elements specific to your area.
- Appearance: All General Steel agricultural buildings can be fitted with attractive add-ons such as decorative brick, wood, stucco, or stone panels. These and many other quality component options add to the aesthetic appeal of your new steel building, and can help your building blend in with any existing structures you may have.
- Efficiency: A pre-engineered agricultural building from General Steel provides for fast and easy construction. All of General Steel’s buildings are pre-welded, pre-drilled, and pre-punched at the factory and are designed for fast and simple erection. Many of the smaller building models can be erected without a contractor. When comparing similar structures a new steel building from General Steel can save you time and money in construction and building costs.